Diet Feeder Silos
A Royal Ulster Agricultural Society award winner, the V-Mac Diet Feeder Silo comes complete with its own gantry and is simply the best solution for fast-filling Diet Feeder wagons.
- 12 inch inspection hatch on the roof.
- Ladder guard on roof to connect ladder.
- Large inspection window on cone - only available on silos up to 900 cubic feet capacity.
- Access hatch on the cone (18 inch diagonal).
- Sight glasses – one on the cone and one on the silo body above the cone. Extra sight glasses can be fitted upon request.
- 3.2m drive thru height.
- 3.35m width between the drive thru legs.
- Chain and pulley system to open the silo can be fitted on either side - to suit where the weigher display is on your feeder wagon.
|tonnage||(cu ft)||(cu m)||(feet)||(m)||(feet)||(m)|
|8||450||12.7||27' 2"||8.3m||7' 5"||2.3m|
All our silos are custom built so that we can ensure that all your requirements are fully met. Some common extras that customers require include:
- Painting the silo to match sheds or to meet planning regulations – in either brown, grey or green.
- Filler and Breather pipes – can be fitted anywhere around the silo to suit your yard layout.
- Ladder with safety cages can be fitted as required.
- Extra sight glasses can be fitted as required.
- Heavy duty lid with Safety Rail can be supplied – this is particularly useful if you are going to fill the silo with a conveyor.
- Conveyor hatches – can be fitted to larger silos.
- 10 inch bagging pipe – allows you to fill barrows or bags.
- Extra Height – the drive thru height can be increased if required.
Purpose-built to your Specific Requirements
Customize Your Silo
All our V-Mac Silos are custom built to your specific requirements and its very important to us that you get the silo that is perfect for your needs. To allow us to do this we can provide several options at small additional costs.
Filler and Greater pipe position.
- What Size silo are you looking for? (usually big enough to hold 2 weeks or 1 month of feed)
- How are you going to empty the feed? Is it just filling into a bag or barrow, a loader bucket or into a feed system? Or are you looking to fill a feed wagon
- And finally do you need any customisations?
- Do you need extra height under the outlet?
- Do you need your V-Mac Silo Painted (if you are going for the TAM grant, you will need it painted)
Your order only goes into our production plan when we have all the information that we need to make your V-Mac Silo – this includes confirmation from you that you have your silo base installed and any other information that we need. Once we have this, we book in a production slot for your V-Mac Silo.