- Enclosed cone – Silo body continues down to the ground enclosing the discharge cone and bagging spout. The enclosed area is accessed via a full sized door (2m high, 1m (40 inches) wide.
- Protects the person bagging from wind & rain – allows you to bag off at any time.
- Provides additional storage space – you can bag off once a week – leave filled bags in the storage space, close the door and the feed is protected from rodents.
- If you are connecting augers to the silo you can install your auger motors under the cone – leaving them in a dry and protected area.
- Enclosed area keeps the silo area clean and tidy – you don’t have bits of animal feed or rubbish collecting around the legs. Everything is kept inside.
- 12 inch inspection hatch on the roof.
- Ladder guard on roof to connect ladder.
- Large inspection window on cone - only available on silos up to 900 cubic feet capacity.
- Access hatch on the cone (18 inch diagonal).
- Sight glasses – one on the cone and one on the silo body above the cone. Extra sight glasses can be fitted upon request.
- Our standard silo has the door hinged on the left (as you look at the door) with the filler and breather pipe to the right hand side.
|tonnage||(cu ft)||(cu m)||(feet)||(m)||(feet)||(m)|
|12||700||19.8||24' 6"||7.4||7' 5"||2.3m|
|16||900||25.4||28' 6"||8.7||7' 5"||2.3m|
All our silos are custom built so that we can ensure that all your requirements are fully met. Some common extras that customers require include:
- Painting the silo to match sheds or to meet planning regulations – in either brown, grey or green.
- For filling loader buckets or half ton bins – extra height under the cone (providing up to 5 foot 6 inches) and double doors (giving 70 inch wide opening. Alternatively we can fit a 10 inch pipe from the cone through the enclosure wall – this will allow you to fill buckets/barrows etc outside the silo.
- Auger connections – we can fit auger connections to suit any auger box. We can also supply auger boxes to your specification in mild, galvanized or stainless steel. When we fit an auger connection we also fit a 6 inch bagging chute on the cone.
- Filler and Breather pipes – can be fitted anywhere around the silo to suit your yard layout.
- Ladder with safety cages can be fitted as required.
- Extra sight glasses can be fitted as required.
- Heavy duty lid with Safety Rail can be supplied – this is particularly useful if you are going to fill the silo with a conveyor.
- Conveyor hatches – can be fitted to larger silos.
- Hoppers – can also be used to connect to augers.
Purpose-built to your Specific Requirements
Customize Your Silo
- What Size silo are you looking for? (usually big enough to hold 2 weeks or 1 month of feed)
- How are you going to empty the feed? Is it just filling into a bag or barrow, a loader bucket or into a feed system? Or are you looking to fill a feed wagon
- And finally do you need any customisations?
- Do you need extra height under the outlet?
- Do you need your V-Mac Silo Painted (if you are going for the TAM grant, you will need it painted)
Your order only goes into our production plan when we have all the information that we need to make your V-Mac Silo – this includes confirmation from you that you have your silo base installed and any other information that we need. Once we have this, we book in a production slot for your V-Mac Silo.