- Fully Galvanised—using galvanised sheet for the body and cone and hot dipped galvanised legs and bracing—designed for long life.
- Sight glasses—every 500mm—allows you to see what’s in the silo
- 600mm Access hatch on the silo body.
- 600mm inspection hatch on lid with safety mesh.
- Lifting lugs—on lid allow the silo to be moved on site.
- Outlet diameter - 400 or 600 mm—suitable for a range of connections.
- Reinforced hip ring— provides extra support to the leg structure.
- Heavy duty lid— 4mm galvansied chequerplate for added strength.
- Access ladder with Safety Cage and safety guard (provides safe access to the top of the silo).
- Handrails on the Silo lid— provides added safety wo rking on the top of the silo.
- Auger boxes - standard or extra large 650mm box designed to the angle of the auger.
- 400mm conveyer hatch opening on the lid
Purpose-built to your Specific Requirements
Customize Your Silo
All our V-Mac Silos are custom built to your specific requirements and its very important to us that you get the silo that is perfect for your needs. To allow us to do this we can provide several options at small additional costs.
- What Size silo are you looking for? (usually big enough to hold 2 weeks or 1 month of feed)
- How are you going to empty the feed? Is it just filling into a bag or barrow, a loader bucket or into a feed system? Or are you looking to fill a feed wagon
- And finally do you need any customisations?
- Do you need extra height under the outlet?
- Do you need your V-Mac Silo Painted (if you are going for the TAM grant, you will need it painted)
Your order only goes into our production plan when we have all the information that we need to make your V-Mac Silo – this includes confirmation from you that you have your silo base installed and any other information that we need. Once we have this, we book in a production slot for your V-Mac Silo.